FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Celebrates The Release of His Latest Solo Album
MADE IN BROOKLYN
John McEuen brings together the diverse talents of his life-long
"friends in music" and others he has met in his travels. All have been instrumental in molding
Americana Music in their own right. McEuen invited these talented
musicians and vocalists to join him to celebrate traditional recording style in hi-definition and make lifetime memories with new musical moments. Recorded in Brooklyn they created a band! They all surrounded ONE special binaural microphone - no headphones, overdubs, and songs were done in one take.
In the same manner as the album "Will The Circle Be Unbroken," another landmark is created: MADE IN BROOKLYN.
MADE IN BROOKLYN featured performers:
- "String Wizard," John McEuen (guitar/mandolin/banjo/fiddle/vocals)
- David Bromberg (An icon on acoustic guitar, dobro, and magical notes/vocals)
- Steve Martin (Plays banjo on a Warren Zevon tune.)
- David Amram (At 85, this American jazz/folk/classical treasure has recorded and performed with everyone who's anyone. David plays pennywhistle, flute and percussion.)
- John Cowan (New Grass Revival's lead vocalist, Cowan, is McEuen's all time favorite lead singer since 1972 when they met.)
- John Carter Cash (Johnny and June's son…The two Johns pay homage to his father Cash's "I Still Miss Someone.") guitar/vocals
- Martha Redbone (Martha is a talented songstress for whom John produced the highly praised album THE SONGS OF WILLIAM BLAKE--GARDEN OF LOVE.) lead singer
- Jay Ungar (A fiddle virtuoso, composer of "Ashoken's Farewell")
- Andy Goessling (clarinet/mandolin/zither/sax/dobro for Railroad Earth) John just calls him 'a monster'.
- Matt Cartsonis (Matt's acrobatic and acerbic vocals are the perfect match to his guitar and mandola talents.)
- Skip Ward (top bassman in NYC area, held all together!)
- Lars (Lars is all ears!)
MADE IN BROOKLYN